The XXL freshman recently dropped his highly awaited debut album titled ’17’. The project is nothing short of a classic! XXXTENTACION known for his aggressive suicidal persona perfectly manages to convey his situation through nothing but music written from his soul.
The project got appreciated by many and went on loop immediately. This project definitely is one of the most conscious drops in the rap game. This album is going to solidify XXXTENTACION’s spot on the charts. Below are 17 reasons why you need to listen to ’17’.
- X has a tattoo of the number “17” on his forehead which is said to signify his last year on earth since he planned to die by 18
- XXXTENTACION legit faked his death as a publicity stunt as a teaser for a music video.
- This album is supposed to be a collection of dreams dreamt by XXXTENTACION in hopes to appeal to people with depression.
- This project was appreciated by many including Kendrick Lamar, Tory Lanez, 9th Wonder and Lil Yachty.
Kendrick Lamar tweeted saying –
https://t.co/ovjuQN8weO listen to this album if you feel anything. raw thoughts. https://t.co/ovjuQN8weO
— Kendrick Lamar (@kendricklamar) August 26, 2017
- The versatility in the track list makes this project a classic.
- The intro for the track is states, “By listening to this album, you are literally and I cannot stress this enough, literally entering my mind. And if you are not willing to accept my emotion and hear my words fully do not listen. I do not value your money. I value your acceptance and loyalty. Here is my pain and thoughts put into words I put my all into this. In the hopes that it will help cure or at least numb your depression. I love you. Thank you for listening. Enjoy.” – XXXTENTACION
- XXXTENTACION manages to switch up from his usual style and indulge in fusing different genres. This is experimental Hip-Hop at its work.
- A lot of people fighting depression cited this project as a cure to their suffering and pain.
- ‘Jocelyn Flores’ the 2nd track is a tribute to his friend who committed suicide and the vibes will make you feel what XXXTENTACION might be going through.
- X also dedicated a track for his ex girlfriend on the outro of this project whom he has been accused of assaulting. X faced charges of domestic abuse and false imprisonment but has not been convicted of any of the alleged charges.